TASTE THE STYLE OF NEW YORK CITY

...XX...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hotel Griffou





When I heard that Hotel Griffou stems from the same team of La Esquina, Freeman's and the Waverly Inn.. I knew to expect a treny scene with pretty decent New American food. I was right. Apart from the sexy CLUE-esque decor, the cocktails are the star of the show. They have an array of delicious and well crafted drinks as well as a nice wine list. I also loved the gentle and no-attitude type service which surprised me because normally you don't get this from "hot spots".. When we were finally moved from the bar to one of the dining rooms, I noticed how the mood went from lively to very calm. The dining rooms music volume is extremely low which I wasn't expecting from a sceney restaurant filled with cool 20somethings. The food was above average but not the best. My friends ordered falafel and steak frite while I opted for the pork dish which ended up being slightly fried pork cutlets soaked in sauce with mushrooms and snow peas. Quite frankly it just tasted like chicken marsala from a local Italian restaurant. However I do hear the disco fries are awesome. We opted for the truffle fries... MMM! Overall, Hotel Griffou is ideal for a sexy date that you know loves a cool scene and for a girls group dinner before going out but be prepared to drop some dough!

Hotel Griffou
21W. Ninth St. (btwn 5&6 ave)
212-358-0228
*no website*

No comments:

Post a Comment